Starting a credit repair business in California can be difficult. But it’s not due to the state requirements. Those mandates are fairly straight forward compared to other states. To start a California credit repair business you have to obtain a Certificate of Registration from the Department of Justice.
But before you get that certificate you must also get a surety bond in the mount of $100,000. The cost of the bond can be anywhere from $1,000 to over $10,000 depending on financial history and credit score. The bond is good for 2 years so this will be a recurring cost.
California Credit Repair Business Challenges
The difficulty in starting a California credit repair business is because of the general requirements and competition in the industry. Here’s just a portion of what you must consider to start a credit repair business in any state:
- You can only accept a nominal account activation fee and cannot charge for services until rendered. This can create a cash flow problem unless your business is properly financed.
- It is not enough in today’s market to simply have a website. You must have technology that allows for online reporting of your clients progress. This will make you competitive and save you time in the long run.
- It will be necessary to find a way to pull credit reports and take credit cards. This is far more difficult in the credit repair business than it sounds. Credit report brokers nor merchant services companies like doing business with credit repair companies.
- You must consider the time it takes to not only provide credit repair to the client but also for marketing and sales. Most people under estimate the time needed for a credit repair business and over estimate the time they can devote to it.
- Offering credit repair alone may not be enough to be competitive. Larger companies, in addition to being able to keep client cost low, can provide other services beyond just credit repair.
- Larger companies also can do business in other states. This is important when working with real estate and mortgage companies that want to help their clients outside of California.
A Better Option for Staring a Credit Repair Business in California
If all of the above seems like far too much to start a California credit repair business we have a solution. You can become an Independent Agent with our company.
Our company has been in business since 2004, has an A+ BBB rating, and a National Association of Credit Services Organizations certification. As an Agent it gives you instant credibility in the market. You’re not just starting out. Your representing a time tested and certified national company.
It’s your business just like a State Farm Insurance Agent owns their business. Your job is to find clients, explain the services and enroll customers. The company accepts the funds directly from the client. And, they provide the services to the client. They follow all state of California and federal laws under the Credit Repair Organizations Act.
This gives you the opportunity to own a credit repair business in California. But you can also do business in all 50 states which is a huge advantage when working with mortgage companies that do business outside of California, as an example.
Be Above the Credit Repair Business Competition
Another advantage is that our company provides more than credit repair. We have other services that help our clients reduce the debt they owe, help them build positive credit, and give them online credit monitoring and identity theft protection. Plus much, much more.
Get Started in the Credit Repair Business in California for Less Than $300
A major advantage in becoming an Independent Agent with us is the upfront investment. You can start today for less than $300.00. You get a website and an online business portal. You get access to professional marketing materials. You can offer all of our services including credit repair. Your customers get top notch Customer Support Monday through Friday, 9 am to 9 pm. And, you do not have to register with the state of California or purchase a surety bond.
If you would like to learn more visit our website at Credit Repair Business Opportunity.
There you will find a video that explains the details of our business. Take your time and watch that video fully. Take notes and write down questions. Then just below the video you’ll see where you can ‘Book a Phone Appointment’. You’ll get your questions answered and we’ll discuss what it takes to go out and truly build your California credit repair business.